The Best Golf Adventures in Ocean City, MD
When you imagine taking a trip to Ocean City, you might not immediately think of golf – but actually, this Maryland beach town is one of the East Coast’s premier destinations for golf enthusiasts in the know.
Want to tee up a world-class golf outing on your next vacation?
Whether you’re a longtime aficionado or a first-timer, golfing in Ocean City is the ideal addition to vacations and business trips alike. With a plethora of fantastic courses, beautiful weather, and the beach just a short drive away, you’ll feel like a winner no matter how your game goes.
Here are just five of the many reasons to plan a golf adventure in Ocean City, MD.
Choose from 14 Golf Courses in Ocean City, MD.
Did you know that Ocean City is home to more than a dozen golf courses? There are 14 championship golf courses in the area, all easily accessible for visitors to Ocean City. Finding your perfect course won’t be hard, especially because you really can’t go wrong with the exceptional selection in the city. Some popular courses include:
- Rum Pointe This spectacular intricate seaside design was named the “Top 5 in Maryland” by Golf Digest’s Places to Play in Golfweek’s America’s Best, with a rating of four stars. Rum Pointe’s holes along the bay create a challenging yet beautiful game, even for experience golfers.
- Nutters Crossing has been named one of the top ten public golf courses in the nation, and it’s easy to see why. It mixes it up with dozens of bunkers, sloping hills, and several water hazards, along with a back nine played through the woodlands.
- Glen Riddle is a 36-hole championship course that offers links golf and a supremely creative course design. Try your hand at pot bunkers, sand dunes, and three holes that boast a historic racetrack as an impressive cross hazard.
Test your skill at the region’s top championship courses.
In Ocean City, you get quantity and quality when it comes to golf. The area contains multiple championship courses, so you can be confident that your course of choice won’t disappoint.
Among the top-rated championship golf courses in Ocean City are:
- Eagle’s Landing is located just 5 miles from Ocean City on Route 611, and is considered one of the most challenging and scenic golf courses on the Eastern Shore. This beautiful seaside championship golf course features a wide variety of links style and marshland holes of rolling Bermuda fairways and bent grass greens, and 2,000-feet of bridging with peninsula-type tees.
- The Links at Lighthouse Sound is an Arthur Hills designed 18-hole championship course overlooking the St. Martins River and Ocean City skyline. This course features marsh, river, and bay on 15 of the 18 holes, and is known as the “Pebble Beach of the Northeast.”
- River Run is a solid choice for a memorable golf experience, with a broad range of challenges and skill-building opportunities. You’ll get to enjoy incredible scenery throughout the game.
Make the most of your experience with seasonal Golf Packages.
If you’re planning to stay at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, you can book the Premium Golf Package offered in partnership with Pam’s Golf. Their experts will create a customized travel experience that takes you to some of the best courses in the region, based on your travel dates and preferences. Call 800-OC-LINKS or 1-800-625-4657 for personal assistance.
Score savings with seasonal golf specials and offers in Ocean City.
For golfers staying with us at the Princess Bayside Beach Hotel, exclusive deals and seasonal golf courses make it easy to maximize savings. Recent and current offers have included free steak dinners, discounted rounds, and group discounts at Ocean City golf courses.
After the last round, enjoy Ocean City bars and nightlife.
There’s no question that you can easily spend an entire day on the green, but what about when the sun goes down? Here in Ocean City, the nightlife scene is as vibrant as it is diverse – so you’ll always have something new to see, do, and explore after dark.
Among the many popular nightlife hot spots in Ocean City is Seacrets, a beloved waterfront venue with dining, drinks, and dancing. Featuring multiple bars and dance floors, along with a menu of Caribbean-inspired dishes and tropical cocktails, Seacrets, has something for everyone to enjoy, and is just steps away from the Princess Bayside.
Get Your Dream Golf Vacation in Ocean City
Now that you know that Ocean City is a golfer’s dream destination, it’s time to start planning your trip! Perfect for weekend staycations and extended cross-country trips alike, Ocean City is a vacation spot unlike any other in the U.S.
Make sure you stay in the center of it all, at a bayfront resort known for first-class service, beautiful accommodations, and luxurious amenities: Princess Bayside Beach Hotel.