At times, we all have to get away from our day-to-day lives. Otherwise our existence becomes mundane, boring, and ultimately dissatisfying. One way to easily take a break from it all while having a whole lot of fun is to spend time with your significant other at an Ocean City Casino Hotel.
You might be wondering why Ocean City is the ideal location to kick back, relax, and do a little gambling. Sure, there are other options all over the US at this point, but there’s just something about Ocean City that makes it worth your while. And we’ll get into the reasons why Ocean City is an excellent option and even tell you a little bit about the exciting things you’ll get to do at the casino.
Sound good? It’s now time to dive in without any further delay.
Why Should I Spend My Weekend at an Ocean City Resorts Casino?
In case you were wondering, this is an easy question to answer. Not only is the casino amazing, but the entire destination of Ocean City, Maryland is a great place to visit. So before we get into the specifics about the casino, let’s take a look at Ocean City a little closer and discover the many reasons why it’s such a great place to visit. They are as follows:
- The Ocean City boardwalk – this great little city in Maryland has an amazing boardwalk that seems to go under the radar more often than not. It’s hard to ignore this abundant boardwalk because they have some of the best restaurants, attractions, hotels and even world-class resorts. The food and exciting entertainment are often too much to handle. You can partake in many wonderful activities and enjoy eating at some fine establishments including: Jolly Roger Amusements, Dandy Don’s Bike Rentals, Trimpers Amusements, Thrashers Fries, Fisher’s Popcorn, Dolle’s Candyland, Ocean City’s first brewery, Candy Kitchen and much more.
- The amazing beach – if you are visiting Ocean City during the warmer months in the summer, you’ll love the astounding beach that everybody seems to be drawn to when the weather is nice. In fact, TripAdvisor did a poll of the top beaches in the United States and the beach at Ocean City ranked in the top 25. Not too shabby!
- Winter/holiday events and attractions – besides having a great time at the casino, people fail to realize that there’s so many fun holiday things to do during the winter in this little corner of Maryland. Every year, they have the Winterfest of Lights which is an unbelievable experience. There’s the Holiday Shopper’s Fair, which is perfect for all of you Black Friday shoppers looking to take advantage of incredible deals. They have an amazing New Year’s Eve bash with fireworks and the whole 9 yards. Plus you get to do all of the things that you would normally want to do like walk on the boardwalk, play mini golf, ride your bike, rollerblade, skateboard, take in a moonlight stroll with someone you care about and they even have five dollar movies on Tuesdays which is an excellent bargain.
As you can see, there are many things to do in Ocean City, and contrary to popular belief, you can even do many of these wonderful activities in the winter. The buzz is astonishing in this incredible vacation destination all year long.
Things to Do at the Casino at Ocean Downs
There’s the obvious gambling, which we will also discuss in greater detail. But there’s so much more to do when you decide to visit for a fun gambling holiday. The most exciting things to keep in mind are as follows:
- Slot machines – if you love playing the slot machines – and who doesn’t? – then you are in for an absolute treat because they have more than 800 slot machines available on the premises and that’s just touching the tip of the iceberg. You can play slots all day and all night long and never run out of things to do. This is an excellent experience that all true slot machine aficionados will absolutely appreciate.
- Electronic table games – although this casino doesn’t have any live table games just yet – but I’m sure they’re working on it – you do have the ability to take advantage of their one-of-a-kind electronic table games. These games are the perfect substitute for those looking to play live poker, roulette, blackjack, and craps. They are an awesome alternative for those looking to do something different if they are no longer in the mood to play the slots.
- Live horse racing – at certain times during the year, the lucky patrons visiting Ocean Downs have the awesome opportunity to enjoy live horse races. It’s really easy to bet on the ponies and watch some amazing races as you appreciate the majesty of these incredible beasts.
- Casual dining experience – at the Casino at Ocean Downs, hungry patrons have the opportunity to eat at two excellent restaurants. Dine N Dash is a favorite of many enjoying gaming and racing. They have diverse options and provide quick snacks, sandwiches, meals on the go, or sit down meals for those looking to take a break and relish their food. Pacers is a great casual dining restaurant that overlooks the horse track. The food is amazing and they sell award-winning crab cakes, famous prime ribs, appetizers, salads and many other wonderful tasting entrées.
Casino Package in Ocean City
For those people looking to truly take advantage of an excellent deal, Princess Bayside has an incredible package that is so good that it’s going to be difficult to turn down.
If you stay at the casino for two or three nights at the standard rate, they will provide you with a $50 Players Card that is good at the Casino at Ocean Downs. And if you plan to stay for four or five nights at the standard rate, you can receive a $100 Players Card that’s also valid at the casino. Clearly, the free gambling money alone is worth the cost of admission!
Do not hesitate to enjoy spending time in an Ocean City casino hotel during any time of year.